RICE and CHICKPEA PILAF
Healthy rice dish cooked in a broth prepared using a mix of exotic blend of Indian spices, chickpeas and chicken. Guaranteed great flavours and tastes with each mouthful.
- 3/4large pieces (200g) Chicken breast, diced
- 3/4cup (140g) AceNuwara Red Basmathi Rice
- 1.5cups (135g) Tomatoes, diced
- 0.5cups (120g) Chicken broth, reduced sodium
- 4cups (120g) Spinach
- 1medium (110g) Onions, sliced
- 3/4cup (100g) Chickpeas
- 2tbsp (27g) Olive oil
- 2cloves (6g) Garlic, chopped
- 0.5tsp (3.2g) Salt
- 1tsp (2.4g) Garam masala
- 1tsp (2.0g) Ground cumin seed
- 2tsp (1.2g) Ground coriander seed
- Rinse, strain and cook the red basmati rice in a rice cooker. The ratio of water to rice should be 2:1. After cooking, leave the rice to cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Heat up olive oil in a saucepan/pot and add chicken, onion, garlic, spices and salt. Stir fry for 10 minutes until the onion turns light brown.
- Add cooked rice, chickpeas, tomatoes and chicken broth. Boil everything over high heat, and then simmer for 5 minutes to allow the rice to absorb the flavour.
- Stir in the spinach, cover and stand for 5 minutes for the spinach to be cooked.
- Serve the dish hot.
- Low GI: 43
- Energy: 409kcal
- Carbohydrate: 56g
- Protein: 22g
- Fat: 11.6g
- Saturated Fat: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 37mg
- Sodium: 270mg
- Dietary Fibre: 6.8g