Pulut Hitam, a famous Southeast Asian sweet rice dessert, made with coconut milk. This healthier version uses less coconut milk and sugar without compromising its sweetness and creaminess. This delicious recipe only requires a few simple ingredients and is highly complimentary with Red Basmathi Rice.
- 2cups (474g) Water
- 0.7cups (125g) AceNuwara Red Basmathi Rice
- 0.5cups (106g) Evaporated Milk
- 3tbsp (42g) Brown Sugar
- 4tbsp (40g) Coconut Milk
- 2leaves (1.4g) Pandan Leaves (Knotted)
- 4dashes (1.6g) Salt
- Rinse the rice thoroughly and strain.
- Place the rice, water and pandan leaves in a pot and bring it to a boil.
- Allow the rice to simmer at medium heat till it is full cooked (stir occasionally).
- Remove the pandan leaves.
- At low heat, add the brown sugar and stir well till the sugar dissolves. Then add the evaporated milk, 3 tbsp coconut milk and salt and stir.
- Add 1 tbsp of coconut milk and serve the dish hot.
- Low GI: 55
- Energy: 164kcal
- Carbohydrate: 35g
- Protein: 3g
- Fat: 2.2g
- Saturated Fat: 1.1g
- Cholesterol: 0.5mg
- Sodium: 173mg
- Dietary Fibre: 0.3g