CREAMY RICE with SLICED APPLES
A delicious Creamy Western Rice Pudding dessert made from Red Basmathi rice with a dash of cinnamon just to enhances the overall flavour.
- 5.5cups (1350g) Water
- 2small (288g) Green Apples (Sliced)
- 1cup (250g) Evaporated Milk
- 1cup (185g) AceNuwara Red Basmathi Rice
- 2tbsp (28g) Brown Sugar
- 2tsp (9.6g) Vanilla Extract
- 2dashes (0.1g) Cinnamon
- Rinse, strain and boil the rice in 5 cups of water for 15 minutes; then strain of the excess water.
- Add the boiled rice to the saucepan with the evaporated milk and ½ cup of water.
- Stir over a low heat until all the milk and water is absorbed.
- Then stir in the sugar, cinnamon and vanilla extract; then cool it down.
- Using a scoop/cup, scoop up the pudding onto a plate and chill it in the fridge.
- Pour a little evaporated milk on the top of the pudding and serve the dish cold with apple slices fanned out next to it.
- Low GI: 50
- Energy: 283kcal
- Carbohydrate: 57g
- Protein: 9g
- Fat: 1.6g
- Saturated Fat: 0.1g
- Cholesterol: 3mg
- Sodium: 88mg
- Dietary Fibre: 2.4g