Singapore famous Chicken Rice, this healthy version is made using Low GI Red Basmathi rice; Low in fat and salt but with all the traditional tastes and flavours.
- 3cups (680g) Chicken Broth (Reduced Sodium)
- 1.5cups (280g) Ace Nuwara Red Basmathi Rice
- 1medium pc (256g) Chicken Breast (Sliced)
- 12slices (84g) Cucumber (Sliced)
- 12slices (202g) Tomatoes (Sliced)
- 8cloves (24g) Garlic (Finely chopped)
- 3tbsp (40g) Olive Oil
- 4tsp (8g) Ginger Root (Finely chopped)
- 3tbsp (28g) Shallots (Finely chopped)
- 1sprig (25g) Cilantro Leaves
- 4dashes (1.6g) Salt
- Crush half the garlic and ginger into a paste.
- Marinate the chicken with the garlic-ginger paste and salt.
- Heat up olive oil in a saucepan/pot and fry the shallots, remaining ginger and garlic till fragrant.
- Add cilantro leaves and raw rice (rinsed and strained) and mix.
- Pour in chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Cover the pot and lower the heat and let it simmer until the rice is fully cooked.
- Steam or boil the marinated chicken separately till cooked.
- Place slices of chicken with the rice on a serving platter, garnish with cucumber, tomatoes and spring onion.
- Low GI: 47
- Energy: 474kcal
- Carbohydrate: 61g
- Protein: 25g
- Fat: 15.0g
- Saturated Fat: 2.1g
- Cholesterol: 47mg
- Sodium: 244mg
- Dietary Fibre: 1.9g